As a fan of carbohydrates and Italian cuisine, I am unsurprisingly a big believer in the power of pasta the day before event day. As I am running the Edinburgh half marathon tomorrow, I’ll later be cooking up a pasta storm in our little Airbnb with the boyfriend so we are 13.1 miles ready in the morning. Here’s a little recipe I think is perfect for Event Day Eve.
Ingredients | For one
- 70g pasta
- 7 tomatoes
- 1/4 courgette
- 1/2 pepper
- 8 basil leaves
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 60g feta cheese
- Cube the courgette and pepper and fry them off in a pan with three of the basil leaves.
- Boil the pasta for 12 minutes while repeatedly stirring the veg.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add the veg to the pan and stir together, alongside three more basil leaves.
- Immediately add in 50g of the feta cheese and stir until mixed in.
- Serve the pasta, crumble the remaining feta on top and garnish with the rest of the basil.
Only a day to go and I’ll be running the Edinburgh Half Marathon before celebrating with more carbs and a beer or two. And if the locals have their way, a sip of some scotch!