Being a lover of all things carbs, I think it was inevitable that I was going to, one day, become risotto’s biggest fan. In the last month, it’s just about become all I can think about. As well as wondering what I’m going to do once Easter is over and Oreo Egg ‘n’ Spoons are no where to be found, of course. But I’ll come up with a fault-proof strategy to tackle that issue tomorrow. In the mean time, here’s a recipe I concocted this afternoon after my mum and I went to the gym and finished our workout with an
Ingredients | For two
- 150g risotto rice
- 1 courgette
- 1 red pepper
- 3 chicken sausages
- 5 chicken stock cubes (+ 900ml hot water)
- 75g goat’s cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Pop your sausages in the oven and set a timer for them.
- Boil the water, add it to a pan and crush the stock into the water. Stir frequently.
- Cube the courgette and pepper; pop them into a small pan, heating them ever so slightly.
- Add the risotto to another pan and then add a ladle of stock. Once it’s absorbed, add another ladle of stock. Repeat this step.
- Once the risotto is very nearly cooked, add the veg and salt and pepper (to taste) to the risotto.
- When the sausages are cooked, chop them and add them to the risotto.
- Sprinkle in the goat’s cheese and mix it altogether.
As I finish my risotto, my mind is already debating whether I should go and search for Oreo Egg ‘n’ Spoons or not. It’s imperative I bulk buy a load so that I’m not left without for a year.