Whether I complete them or not, lists are my best friends. When it comes to lists about exercise and health I am far more motivated and successful in comparison to those telling me I need to tidy my room and get my uni work done by five o’clock. So many people make fitness goals centralise around aesthetic hopes when the really fulfilling part is how that process helps our bodies, our fitness and our health. I thought I would write my 2017 goals down so I can revisit them at a later date and see what I have achieved!
- Run a mile in 6 minutes or less
- Run a 22.5 minute ParkRun time
- Run 10k in 48 minutes or less
- Run the Great South Run in 1:22:00 or less
- Run 18 miles
- Swim for 30 minutes without having a break
- Manage a proper pull up
- Do 5 pull ups in a row
- Do 25 press ups in a row
- Plank for at least 4 minutes
- Ski sit for 4 minutes
- Take up weight training
- Take up yoga
- Go climbing at least 4 times
- At least once a month go on an epic walk somewhere pretty (with new swanky camera and Fitbit)
- Do 500m on the rowing machine in 2 minutes (x 3)
- Up my HIIT game as the year goes on
What are your 2017 fitness goals? Happy New Year!
~ Kat ~
P.S. My brother has done something quite hilarious. If you want to know what makes your Instagram suck, have a look HERE!